Shortly after Rhys passed away in 2017 I begun a project with the intention to tell the story of his last months, through pictures and words. The words being written as if Rhys was telling his own story.
Although most of the photos I wanted to use existed there were a couple that I didn’t have.
One photo I wanted was of a CT scanner or a MRI, it was to accompany the part of the story where we found out about the tumours in Rhys brain. The ones that would signal the end of active treatment and the beginning of palliative.
I was never able to get that photo and so one day I decided to use a photo I’ve used here, the one of the white toy bear staring out a window.
The other photo I wanted to get was of one of one of the a local ambulances. I finally managed to do that yesterday. With some minor editing I included that in the document I’d put together in Publisher.
The end result of the project can be found in the PDF below. Apologies for the size it’s about 30Mb.